Washington Post — Style Invitational Challenge for the week was to come up with a terribly inappropriate Christmas gift idea.
- 4th runner up: Li’l Naturalist Hornet Farm
- 3rd runner up: A Pee Wee Herman pull toy
- 2nd runner up: The Duncan Yo — Goes down, never comes back. Teaches children about warranties
- 1st runner up: 5,200 pick up — a jumbo deck of cards that lets kids play a larger version of their favorite game
- Winner: The “Learn about puberty chia pet”
- Supersoaker 9000: For use on those hard to reach targets; NFL referees, low flying planes, and many more. At close range it can strip paint clean rusty grills, and dig utility trenches.
- The laff-o-minit jajic spellin’ tootor
- Doggie dentist — Kids learn about dentistry on the family pooch.
- Cuisin-Art — Turns mommy’s food processor into a spinning paint tool.
- Water retention Wanda — Teaches kids the principles of the calendar.
- Advanced play medical kit — includes colonoscope and speculum.
- Chocolate covered lead soldiers
- Bungeroo — kid sized bungee kit for second story bedrooms
- Islamic strip poker — lose a hand, lose a hand.
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:32:09 -0500