You may be a High Tech Redneck if…. (Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)
- you have old computers up on blocks in the front yard.
- your e-mail address ends in “over.yonder.com.”
- you connect to the World Wide Web via a “Down Home Page.”
- the bumper sticker on your truck says “My other computer is a laptop.”
- your laptop has a sticker that says “Protected by Smith and Wesson.”
- you wire your network with jumper cables.
- you’ve ever doubled the value of your truck by installing a cellular phone.
- your deer rifle has laser-guided bullets.
- your baseball cap reads “DEC” instead of “CAT.”
- your computer is worth more than all your cars combined.
- your wife ever said either she or the computer had to go, and you still don’t miss her.
- you’ve ever used a CD-ROM as a coaster to set your beer on.
- you ever refer to your computer as “Ole Bessy.”
- your screen saver is a bitmap image of your favorite truck, tractor, or farm animal.
- you start all your e-mails with the words “Howdy y’all.”