It’s now been two weeks since I left my full-time job for the Center for Democracy & Technology to become a stay-at-home contractor. And there are a few things I don’t miss about being in DC:
- Spending at least one hour each way traveling
- The sounds of people yakking on their cell phones on the bus
- Having to get up around 5:45 each morning
- Seeing my bus pass me by on my way to the stop
- Stupid police not allowing me to walk through Lafayette Square while White House employees can
- Idiots like the tractor nut, or the van-full-of-explosives-at-the-White-House-gate nut.
- Rude bus drivers
- The chance of being killed by terrorists (I was in DC two blocks from the White House on 9/11)
Odd, almost all of these are directly related to commuting headaches and problems.