I had a great time over the past 24 hours. And I’ve learned a lot:
- Upgrade all of your software on your server and computer several days before the event
- Allow two to three times as much time as you think you’ll need for any “large” projects”
- Don’t plan on doing any “large” projects while you are doing Blogathon.
- Make it easy for people to comment on your blog. Generally that means to disable a lot of your anti-spam stuff.
- Be flexible.
- Be creative.
- Comment on other blogathoners’ sites. Hopefully they followed rule #4 above.
- I am a smart guy with good ideas
- Marketing is key. Start asking earlier than the week of Blogathon for donations.
- Don’t be shocked, insulted, or hurt by what you see on other Blogathoner web sites.
- Not loading up on caffeine, sugary snacks and heavy meals will help get you through.
- Have a good timer to remind you of your posting deadlines. Minuteur was a huge help.
Many thanks to the people who visited, sponsored, commented, and/or tried to guess how many marbles I stuck in a jar. See you next year!